WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE OUTLAST SOLAR KIT?
- 12 – Outlast Solar Mount Flashings
- 12 – 10mm Stainless Steel Hanger Bolts (must specify 8” or 10” length)
- 12 – 10mm Bonded EPDM Rubber Seals
- 36 – 10mm Stainless Steel Flat Washers
- 36 – 10mm Stainless Steel Hex Nuts
- 12 – Aluminum L-Foot Brackets for Side Mount Rails
WHAT WILL I NEED TO INSTALL THE OUTLAST SOLAR FLASHINGS?
- 1-1/4” Diamond Core Drill Bit
- 5/16” drill bit
- 7mm socket bit
- 17mm or adjustable open end wrench
- Roofing Sealant
Locate the center of the rafter and use a 1-1/4” diamond core bit to drill a hole in the tile.
Use 5/16” drill bit to drill a pilot hole in the rafter to a depth 2”-3” inches. Clean off any remaining sawdust.
Apply ample roofing sealant directly to the tile where the flashing will be attached and caulk pilot hole in rafter. (Always follow manufacturers instructions on roofing sealant to ensure compatibility with all surfaces).
Place the flashing directly on the tile and line up the flashing hole with the pilot hole. Form & seal base of flashing to match wave of tile by pressing firmly on the base.
Insert hanger bolt into rafter and use a 7mm socket to drive hanger bolt into the rafter and caulk into the top of the riser with sealant.
Press the attached EPDM seal into the top of the riser to form a watertight seal. Tighten the first washer & hex nut on top of the EPDM seal to lock it in place.
You are now ready for rail installation. Use the remaining washers & nuts to secure the provided L-Foot bracket in position for your installation.
For more questions regarding installation contact firstname.lastname@example.org